The WBENC is the leading nationwide third-party certifying organization for women's business enterprises (WBEs). Its certification is the most widely recognized private sector certification in the U.S. and is accepted by hundreds of corporations (primarily used to target major corporations).
WBENC certification is the national standard for woman owned businesses and, via WBENCLink.org, provides purchasing managers with access to over 10,000 WBENC certified companies.
The benefits of certification also include: (1) Access to mentoring, education, and capacity development; (2) Eligibility for regional representation and national recognition; (3) Eligibility to promote your business through use of the WBENC certified WBE seal on your marketing materials and WBENC sponsorship at national events; and (4) The WBENC as your company’s advocate on key women’s business issues.
- Majority owner and operator of the business is a woman
- The relatively simple eligibility criteria begets the extensive documentation required to validate that the owner and operator of the business truly is managing the company.
The WBENC required documentation is very extensive. The broad categories include:
- The History of Business.
- Professional and business license(s) (if applicable).
- The resumes of all owners, directors, and key management positions.
- Financial Documentation- Financial structure, financial statements (P&L and balance sheet) and Federal income tax returns, loan agreements, note(s) payables, security agreement(s), real estate lease(s), as well as a copy of bank signature authorization and proof of capital and/or equity investment by the female owner(s).
- Employees- List all full and part-time employees by name, position and length of employment.
- Copies of W-2s and 1099 forms for owner(s) and officers/directors.
- Evidence of gender and citizenship.
- Affiliate/subsidiary agreements- Any agreements with individuals and/or vendors who are providing consulting/management along with any franchise agreement(s).
- Governance Information.
WBENC Certification Service
Rafael Marrero & Company takes the headaches out of the WBENC certification process. We understand just how busy you are as a Business Owner. We do the pre-application setup then we complete the WBENC Certification and submit all required documentation to the WBENC document repository.
Call 1-888-595-6221 today for a Free Initial consultation and Pre-Qualification Session.