About Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concerns (SDVOSB)
In 2010 the federal government spent $8.7 Billion dollars with SDVOSB Certified firms. This program was initially established with the Veterans Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development Act of 1999 establishing an annual federal spending goal of 3% for veteran owned businesses.
An additional modification took place in 2003 with the Veterans Benefits Act, which established a procurement program for Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concerns (SDVOSB). This procurement program provides that government contracting officers may restrict competition to SDVOSB Certified firms and award a sole source or set-aside contract.
A Contracting Officer (CO) may set-aside requirements if:
- The contract is not exempted from SDV contracting.
- There is a reasonable expectation that at least two responsible SDVOSB’s will submit offers on the contract.
- The anticipated award price of the contract will not exceed:
- $5.0M for manufacturing requirements
- $3.0M for all other requirements
- The award can be made at fair market price.
Limitation for Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Concern (SDVOSB)
The following are the limitations that a SDVOSB Prime or Sub-contractor can subcontract for:
- Services Contracts (Except Construction): 50% of the contract performance incurred for SDVOSB personnel
- Supply Contract:50% of the cost of manufacturing the supplies
- General Construction: 15% of the contract performance incurred for SDVOSB personnel
- Construction by Special Trade: 25% of the contract performance incurred for SDVOSB personnel
SDVOSB Certification Service
Rafael Marrero & Company takes the headaches out of the SDVOSB certification process. We do the pre-application setup SAM Registration, DUNS Registration and then we complete the SDVOSB Certification and submit all required documentation to the SBA document repository.
Call 1-888-595-6221 today for a Free Initial consultation and Pre-Qualification Session.
Rafael Marrero & Company takes the headaches out of the SDVOSB certification process.